Skip to main content

Cats and Dogs Theology

A dog's thinking
You feed me, you love me and you shelter me. You must be God.

A cat's thinking
You feed me, you love me and you shelter me. I must be God.

Are you a cat or a dog - Christian?

A cat- Christian puts the focus on himself/herself rather than God's glory even in doing devotion, serving etc. He/she chooses what he/she would like to believe. Most of the time, they are not incorrect beliefs but just incomplete. 

A dog-Christian puts God's glory first and the kingdom mindset over the wants and needs of self. 

I admit, I am pretty cat-ish. The me, myself and I mentality is quite strong. =p

A test for you to know if you are cat-ish or dog-ish. Please complete this verse - 
Psalms 46:10 Be still and know  _____________________

I am sure you could fill in the blank correctly but is it complete? If your answer was "Be still and know that I am God". YAY! You are correct but just that the answer is incomplete. There is the bottom line of the verse. The whole verse should be "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." AHA- caught ya!


See my point? There is a top-line of God's blessings, which is totally good and not unbiblical but many times, we miss the point, the bottom-line which is at the end of the day, God brings blessings to us so that His glory could be revealed and all nations will come to know and glorify Him!

Another illustration for you. Does your church give benediction every Sunday? We know the "May His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord will lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace, from now and forever" and everybody says AMEN!!!! AHA! What about the second part which many of us might have missed out! "So they will put my name on the Israelites and I will bless them" v27 - The point is, God's name be exalted in Israel. But, again we missed the bottom-line and took up the top-line.

God intention is never just the top-line feel-good message and if we miss the bottom-line message, we may have an incomplete message and belief. It is not incorrect but just, incomplete. Incomplete understanding and impartation of God's will and plan for the mankind. 

So, cat-ish Christians, time to learn to be dog-ish. If you want to learn more, email or chat with me! I will gladly share what I have learnt. ;)

- Message was learnt from Rev. George Ong -

Comments

Xu Vin said…
dear beat, nice sharing :) however, can you explain more about 'so they will put my name on the Israelites and I will bless them'? i don't really get it.
Anonymous said…
I like the cats theology. To be honest, I am cat-ish too.

Popular posts from this blog

What I feel like doing

I want to interview people on the street randomly 1. What is the one thing they want to do but never dared to and 2. When was the last time they tried something new. And what was it? And then, give them a small gift!!! or a card. Just to make their day! =) Bake cupcakes and give to random strangers and friends! Make friends and talk to random people in the mall/ cafe Just colour people's life with randomness and love! =) I shall plan! =) Anyone would like to join me? xx

new year resolution

wow!! in a blink of an eye, i'm one year older again! sigh..now got the number 2 in front of my age dy..feels so old..haha.. 2007 has been a tough year for me.. cos of some stuff but i thank GOd for HIs faithfulness and HIs mercy upon me and my family :) i welcome 2008!! and i know that God'll always be faithful :) my NEW YEAR RESOLUTION!!! ( i dun really fulfil it, but this year, i try..haha) 1. I wanna lose weight!!! hmm about 5kg?? since i gained 5kg's within half a year. haha so i wanna lose all of them!!! then nex year watchnight service it'll be my turn to testify that i 'gan fei seng gong!!' haha.. must ask uncle david how he 'gan fei' dy.. 2. Finish reading the whole bible at least once.. 3. lead at least 2 ppl to Christ.. (haha i failed that last year.. :p) 4. eat healthier!! haha.. less junk, more vege!! (but i dun like vege except for lady's finger!haha) 5. be a better daughter and sister i'm excited and looking forward to this new ...

a new journey of dieting ;)

Even as i look into the mirror when i wake up these few mornings, i am 'disgusted' with the reflection i saw in the mirror. A pallid, round, fleshy face with obvious dark circles around the tired looking eyes. When i looked further down, i am even more sickened! Excess fats enveloping my whole body!! ok, i think i'm talking like i'm aneroxic but yes, seriously! the fatest me was during starbucks period, but now i'm worst than that!! i'm supposed to be thinner when i enter uni, everyone does, except for me! ;(( and yes, i think i look so the horrible now! i feel like squeezing out all my fats! it's so frustrating when u pull out an old pants to wear, suddenly realizing that it became so tight that you've to use all ur strength and might to squeeze in ur tummy in order to button up ur pants! that's how bad it is now!! no wonder my family is ALWAYS nagging n bugging me about it! shattered my self confidence.. and so, beatrice has a goal now! which is to...